Hi Opie! is a live-action preschool series that follows the social, emotional and intellectual escapades of 5 year old Opie, a new kid in kindergarten and your new puppet friend. Opie and his real kid classmates are in their first year of all-day kindergarten – uncertain just what to expect. With each new day, Opie learns more about himself, his friends and his two teachers.
Each story marks a new chapter in Opie’s personal growth as he participates in, struggles with and inevitably succeeds in kindergarten activities. With a clear and attainable goal, it is the process of learning through play – having fun, asking questions, experimenting with the consequences of one’s actions, persevering through adversity, imagining, and, of course, continuing to be curious – that leads to Opie’s personal growth.
Executive Producers Mark Bishop and Matt Hornburg, in association with The Jim Henson Company are working with creator and co-Executive Producer Barbara Slade (Angelina Ballerina and Rugrats), series’ Producer Larry Mirkin (Fraggle Rock) and Executive Story Editor Kate Barris (Max & Ruby, Captain Flamingo) to bring Hi Opie! to life. This team worked in collaboration with broadcast partners TVO, City Saskatchewan and Knowledge Network as well as Producer/Director Lowell Dean of Lolofilm Productions Inc., Series Director Phil McCordic and Halle Stanford, who serves as the Executive Producer for The Jim Henson Company.
- Category: Kids & Family, Interactive
- Sub Category Tag: Live action, puppet
- Target Audience: 2-6
- Status: Completed, Two Seasons
- Episodes: 78 x 7
- Website: hiopie.com (Web Games, Classroom Tour, Exclusive Video)
- Mobile App: Opie’s Playground (free mobile app/games for iOS and Android devices)
- Social Media Links: Facebook; Twitter
- Partners: TVO, City Saskatchewan, Knowledge Network, The Jim Henson Company