Splatalot is a hilarious medieval-themed physical game show geared to the tween audience, featuring an extreme obstacle course with heaps and loads of splats and spills. Each episode features a different group of thrill-seeking teen contestants, dubbed Attackers, competing in three hilarious rounds: Cross the Moat, Escape the Stockade, and Capture the Crown. The Defenders of Splatalot, an international squad of medieval-themed gladiators, do their best to protect the castle from the Attackers – leaving only one to be crowned King or Queen of Splatalot.
The splat-stick comedy continues within an interactive online environment, where viewers can find out all about their favourite Defenders and Tour the Castle with a detailed look at each obstacle. In addition, a series of online Flash games allow players to take on the roles of both Attackers and Defenders, to run, jump, shoot, fire, splat, and of course, try to capture the Splatalot Crown. Viewers can also create shareable Highlight Reels with the Highlight Shaker, mixing up their choices of the best splats, comments and Defender taunts from the television series.
Sample Splatalot Successes:
- Season 1 premiered in Canada with over 300,000 viewers, and adult co-viewing numbers at 49%.
- Season 2 aired in primetime and ranked in the Top 5 for Women 18-49 co-viewing with Kids 2-11.
- Splatalot games have had over 150 million game plays to date, and continue to generate up to 100k users per month online and in mobile game sessions.
The series airs in over 120 countries worldwide including YTV in Canada (English), TELETOON in Canada (French), the CBBC in the U.K., ABC3 in Australia and on Nickelodeon U.S., Disney and Disney XD. Distribution and sales handled by Distribution360.
Dubbed in 9 languages, localized versions of the series are available.
- Category: Kids & Family
- Sub Category: Live action, competition
- Target Audience: 8-12
- Episodes: 52 x 22
- Website: splatalot.com
- Mobile: Splatalot Dash, Splatalot Attack (mobile game apps for iOS and Android devices)
- Partners: YTV, Nickelodeon, CBBC, ABC3
- Interactive: 10 Flash Games (including a multi-player competition game), Virtual Tour of the Castle, the Highlight Shaker, and Video Bios. Format Available.