Leading global entertainment company, marblemedia, is excited to announce a new, ground-breaking TV competition series now streaming on Netflix!
In this innovative art competition series, a group of 10 highly skilled glassmakers from across North America will go head-to-head in an intense battle, fabricating beautiful works of art to be assessed by a panel of expert judges. In each of the 10x 30-minute episodes, contestants will be eliminated one-by-one until a final artist is crowned “Best in Blow”.
The winner will receive a prize package valued at $60,000 USD, which includes a week-long “Blown Away Residency” at The Corning Museum of Glass. From October 14-18, 2019, the show’s winner will participate in glassmaking demonstrations, open to the public in the Museum’s Amphitheater Hot Shop.
YouTube science influencer Nickpedia and former NBC’s America’s Got Talent contestant, Nick Uhas, hosts the series, alongside resident glass evaluator and overall glass master, Katherine Gray.
Blown Away was filmed in the largest glassblowing studio in North America, designed and built specifically for the scope and scale of the competition. The Craft and Design Glass Studio at Sheridan College in Toronto consulted on the studio design and provided gaffer assistants to the competitors in the first nine episodes.
The series was commissioned by Netflix (global) and Blue Ant Media (Canada). The Corning Museum of Glass in Corning, NY, served as a key consulting partner on the series, and took part in the finale.
BLOWN AWAY contestants include,
- Deborah Czeresko – Veteran glass artist based in New York City
- Kevin Kiff – California-based glass artist
- Benjamin Kikkert – Vancouver-based glass artist
- Leah Kudel – Canadian glass artist
- Janusz Poźniak – British born, Seattle-based glass artist
- Patrick Primeau – Canadian glass artist and glass studio operator
- Alexander Rosenberg – Philadelphia-based artist, educator, and writer
- Momoko “Momo” Schafer – Recent graduate of MassArt
- Annette Sheppard – Former CMoG glass artist and current management consultant
- Edgar Valentine – Tacoma-based glass artist
NOW STREAMING ON NETFLIX
Instagram: @blownawayseries https://www.instagram.com/blownawayseries/
Facebook: @blownawayseries https://www.facebook.com/BlownAwayOfficial/
Twitter: @BlownAwaySeries https://twitter.com/blownawayseries?lang=en
IMAGE CREDIT ABOVE: From left to right: Alexander Rosenberg, Deborah Czeresko, Nick Uhas, Benjamin Kikket, Patrick Primeau, Leah Kudel, Kevin Kiff, Edgar Valentine, Janusz Poźniak, Katherine Gray, Annette Shepard, Momoko “Momo” Schafer. Credit: David Leyes, Courtesy of marblemedia.